Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2012, 17:36   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Kanberra Gel

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
Kanberra Gel had no noticeable effect on the level of condensation with an 8 oz. jar. It smells nice, but that wasn't the problem, and I can get things that smell nice for much less money.
I think we may have found the problem; Kanberra Gel is not a dessicant. It does not absorb moisture. It is airborne Tea Tree Oil designed to neutralize the spores the moisture feeds. Remove the spores and no matter the amount of moisture there will be nothing to grow.

As for the smell, when it works you smell nothing. Our goal was not to replace and odor with a fragrance, it was to eliminate the cause of the odor.

That said, I can't help your moisture issue. Just recommend better ventilation.
Maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 17:45   #17
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineman View Post
I think we may have found the problem; Kanberra Gel is not a dessicant. It does not absorb moisture. It is airborne Tea Tree Oil designed to neutralize the spores the moisture feeds. Remove the spores and no matter the amount of moisture there will be nothing to grow.

As for the smell, when it works you smell nothing. Our goal was not to replace and odor with a fragrance, it was to eliminate the cause of the odor.

That said, I can't help your moisture issue. Just recommend better ventilation.

That's not how it was described to me, but I'm sure you would know better than the young lady who told me that at the local pet store. It's nice to know that we although we don't have a mold problem, it's helping to kill any potential spores. I find that keeping everything clean prevents mold just fine despite the moisture.
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 17:49   #18

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Antares View Post
Put a jar in my wifes carr and it help greatly with the tobacco smell. Now I will ride in it. not before
I could say something
Old 22-03-2012, 18:10   #19

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Don't know about his product, but maineman has it right ! ya need ventilation for sure good air flow is the main way to not get mold in the first place ! Down here we have the added problem of useing air conditioning systems for sometimes weeks on end !but you must be on top of your air flow and be sure your condesation is getting overboard properly, to keep the humidity down inside the boat !! Wetness is your enemy LOL not only outside but inside also!! just a thought from a southern sailor(at least for now)
Old 23-03-2012, 04:28   #20
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineman View Post
Hopefully we'll earn your business.
Since I started this thread I'm obviously open to the Kanberra Gel. So ......... how abut giving me some and I will post my review on CF afterward. Think of the upside
Old 23-03-2012, 06:00   #21

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

It's an unfortunate name for Aussies.

Our particular 'Canberra gal' has not lived up to the pre-application promises. In fact the product is totally useless for it's original intended purpose...
I'm sure that Liberal application of your Kanberra Gel would do a far better job...

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 04:57   #22
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
It's an unfortunate name for Aussies.

Our particular 'Canberra gal' has not lived up to the pre-application promises. In fact the product is totally useless for it's original intended purpose...
I'm sure that Liberal application of your Kanberra Gel would do a far better job...

I tried to just let it go as off topic, but tell me more about this "Canberra Gal" and just how she is being applied.