Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2018, 09:39   #1

Boat: Hans Christian 43
Interlac 679... where to buy...

I just ended a cruise on a Disney cruise ship... just in time to begin brightwork on my HC43.
I was VERY impressed with the outdoor teak bars, caprails and gratings on board. These are exposed to endless amounts of salt and UV and had a great gloss and color.

I spoke with the chief deck maintenance officer and asked about their process. He explained how they prepared, sealed and varnished the teak. He also showed me how they maintain the finish year after year. he explained how they selected their product based on how well it flows, leaving no brushstrokes, builds up and lasts.

He was even kind enough to give me a copy of their SOP for varnish (brief but detailed).

They use a multi-coat process using Interlac 679 with GTA004 thinner both International Paints products.

If its good enough for Mickey, its good enough for me.
Any idea where I can purchase 679?

Thanks
Jim
Rowglide is offline   Reply With Quote