Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 16:51   #1

Boat: C&C Landfall 35 HiHo
Hurth Transmission

Where can I find a used HBW 150-2,1RV Hurth transmission. I found a rebuilt for $1700 but Im hoping for something less. If not where can I get a rebuild kit. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Steve
Hi Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 16:57   #2

ebay, transmission marine in Ft. Lauderdale, Trans Atlantic Diesel
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 17:32   #3

Thanks Never Monday! I'll check them out .I bought a boat that has sat for awhile that had some water in the engine sump. The transmission had no oil left in it so I pulled the transmission. Upon inspection the one gear in the lower part of V drive has some very light pitting or surface rust on it hense might thought I might be better off to find a used transmission, do you think that is justification to scrap the transmission or should I consider rebuilding it. On another note I have a 3HM Yanmar engine that the water in the sump has rusted the pulleys on the engine. Having not had a chance to get down in there how tough is it going to be to replace those? The fresh water pump was mounted near and above the decompression lever and that is also rusted away how much of the engine am I going to have tern down to replace that. It's always nice to know what tools I'm going to need and how big ove a job I'm looking at. Thanks again.

Steve
Old 04-02-2008, 17:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ho View Post
Thanks Never Monday! I'll check them out .I bought a boat that has sat for awhile that had some water in the engine sump. The transmission had no oil left in it so I pulled the transmission. Upon inspection the one gear in the lower part of V drive has some very light pitting or surface rust on it hense might thought I might be better off to find a used transmission, do you think that is justification to scrap the transmission or should I consider rebuilding it. On another note I have a 3HM Yanmar engine that the water in the sump has rusted the pulleys on the engine. Having not had a chance to get down in there how tough is it going to be to replace those? The fresh water pump was mounted near and above the decompression lever and that is also rusted away how much of the engine am I going to have tern down to replace that. It's always nice to know what tools I'm going to need and how big ove a job I'm looking at. Thanks again.

Steve
can you email some pictures
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 18:01   #5

I'll get some later this week, thanks again!

Steve
Old 25-12-2008, 06:45   #6

CHEAPER ONES

There are a cheap gearbox in bulgaria coming from turkey .Approx.1000$/750 €.similar to hurth as well.
HASAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurth