Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:59   #1

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
Hurth Gearbox Problems

This is the name to remember
Marine Transmissions - Home Page
This is why. I have been trying to obtain clutch parts for a friends hurth HBW250 gearbox and of course as I am in Europe I started here. The net result was never heard of it, dont make any bits for it, not interested and finaly the best one yet yes we can supply the parts only £874.98 +P.P . Oh your in France then the post will be about another £50. If you order today when we get the money we will get them to you in about a month.
Now I think to myself the USA, nah dont be daft its 3000miles away. WRONG. I phoned the company above and got please hold the line I will connect you to Tony he is the best on this gearbox. 15 seconds later Hi how can I help you. after explaining what I was trying to get hold of he replied NO PROBLEM SIR, Sir I havent been called that since my service days. Total price Sir would you like it in £ or €. Total shock. € please, ok that will be €324 (302) Yes of course you can pay with your card thats fine. Oh your in Europe France, what a lovely place I would love to see it one day, excuse me no Sir thats INCLUDING the freight to your door. I sent an e-mail to his boss who was shocked to get it and said how great it was to hear how well his staff had helped me and anything else I should need please just give Tony a call. I know, I know we knock the yanks for being over the top My mum was one. In the end though I have to say watch out UK and Europe this is the type of service that makes great company into a BIG great company
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 14:28   #2

Boat: Trawler, Aquila 35, 40 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to mofsubic
MER Equipment
388 W Nickerson
Seattle, Wa 98118
(206) 286 1817
Marine Transmission Parts, ZF and Hurth Marine Transmission Part Sales
mofsubic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gearbox, hurth, parts, service, installation