Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2015, 18:26   #16

Boat: Plan Joubert 21
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Re: Hull painting with "extras"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausgras View Post
I believe "SeaNomad" is the expedition vessel for the NGO Mergui Archipelago Marine Research Group based in Phuket, Thailand.

I guess they really want to be visible with an 80cm name down the side.Good luck guys, I wish I could join you.
That's exactly right :-)
And yes, in that case we are really trying to stickj out a bit and actually aiming vor about 80cm high lettering (almost 3ft)
I will check in with the guys in Langkawi, Phuket is our next stop about 2 weeks from now for final preps and also the boat show before we finally get to go out to the islands again.

Thank you all so much for the tipps and tricks - Will certainly try the tracing/spiky wheel and chaulk method if that doesn't work vinyls will have to wait until Phuket. Ranong certainly is the wrong place for this, since there is no tourist boats at all and the local fishermen usually just slap layers of random paints on their boat....
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 05:58   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Jim-T.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 06:09   #18

Boat: Privilege 435

Print out the letters in the font that you want on an ordinary size piece of paper. Suspend the paper between two stationary objects (like the legs of a step-ladder) so that it hangs free approximately four feet away from the hull. Wait until poor light and shine a big flashlight or lamp through it onto the hull. You'll be able to see the outline of the letter and stencil the outline onto the hull. Not the prettiest of results but it'll work.
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, hull paint, paint