Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 03:52   #1

Boat: ARENDS MONO 34 Ft.
HULL CLEANERS AND POLISHES

My Arends 33is36 years old and in very good condition but the gelcoat finish on the deckhas been showing fine oxidisation on the hull sides for some time. I have tried various types of cleaner and polishers but nothing keeps the hull sides clear and shiny clean for very long.I had the hull sides repainted about 5 years ago With our moderate Brisbane climate here the boat is used every weekend and gets a fresh water hose down after returning each time.The problem I think may be coming from the deck above or it is the paint job on the hull Anybod have any sujjestions how to keep my monohull shiney ???
RJMRJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 17:15   #2

Boat: Arends 33
Re: HULL CLEANERS AND POLISHES

G'day mate,

I keep my Arends 33 in Townsville most of the year and feel your pain. Annually I give the topsides and deck a light acid wash, then hand polish over several days with 3M Marine Restorer and Wax. I then finish off the entire boat with Collinite Heavy Duty Paste Fleetwax. I get fairly good results and she stays looking swish until the summer heat really kicks in.

I only polish in the mornings when the air is cool and there is no direct sunlight heating the surfaces, so it takes me about a week floating alongside in the dinghy to do the entire yacht...

The following week I visit my chiropractor

I hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2019, 17:26   #3

Boat: 1999 Beneteau 411

first.contact - My main recollection of my time in Townsville was those mid afternoon winds going offshore in the summer. Turned the place into a city-sized hairdryer for a couple hours.. Good times
SV Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:26   #4

Boat: ARENDS MONO 34 Ft.

Many thanks First Contact for that information.I will try the Collinite I use the two 3M products now. Ron
RJMRJM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull