Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2023, 09:37   #1

Boat: Beneteau 461
Send a message via Skype™ to suiramor
Haul-out service recommendations for PNW

I am looking for recommendations for or feedback re marine shops doing haul-out, cleanup and painting for a 46ft monohull in the Seattle/Puget Sound area? I have seen the listing on NW Yachting but wanted to get feedback from anyone who uses any of these services in this area. Thanks in advance.
suiramor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2023, 09:51   #2

Boat: Nordic Tug 37
Re: Haul-out service recommendations for PNW

I use and like

Alan Kelly Yacht Refinishing
Tsehum Harbour, Sidney BC
(250) 361-6300

Haulout and work area provided by Westport Marina
(250) 656-2832
NewMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2023, 17:58   #3

Boat: Nordhavn 40 II
Re: Haul-out service recommendations for PNW

I recommend Kyle at Everett Yacht Service (425-374-9662) without hesitation. He is from the Pacific Fiberglass family, so I think gelcoat/fiberglass/paint is in his wheelbouse. His work ethic is beyond reproach, and they will treat your boat like a yacht vs. a fishboat.

We had him execute a muffler replacement on our boat this summer. This was an exceptionally messy job (dry exhaust stack on trawler). I was able to work closely with him for nearly a week, so I saw and overheard plenty.

If we were remaining anywhere within a couple days of Everett, he would be my go-to for almost everything I couldn’t handle (I have a friend in marine electronics). They have a shop in the Everett boatyard. Kyle does what he says he will do, he is polite, he is professional, he respects your boat, and he has family on his crew.

Background - I have experience with several other boatyards and businesses over 9 years and 3 boats in Puget Sound. Everett Yacht Service is the place to go.

Best Wishes
IRENE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, PNW, service