Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2022, 16:00   #1

Boat: 44ft mono hull
Generator fuel issue

Hi all

I recently had to get the injector pump rebuilt on my generator. On reinstallation the generator has run for about 2 hours and now refuses to start.

I have tried bleeding the system, and using the manual lever on the lift pump I get fuel out of the bleed screw on the fuel filter and also the bleed screw on the return line, so assume the lift pump is good (correct me if thats not correct!)

So was wondering if there is a bush fix for testing the injector pump or can that only be done by a professional on a bench?
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 17:18   #2

Generator fuel issue

There are ways to test some things on some injector pumps but no broad rules or technique.... what engine? What injector pump?
Start with the fuel supply and quality then move on to the shutdown circuit and maybe then start thinking about the injector pump. If it’s a Stanadyne on an onan, they had a few idiosyncrasies in service but never after a rebuild.
The primary aim is to get fuel out of the loosened union at the injector.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, generator