Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2012, 11:09   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom 35, Corroboree
Freedom Yachts Mast Repairs

To all Freedom Yacht Owners,

I am approached frequently to advise Freedom Yacht owners on the repairs, modifications, and upgrades to Freedom Yachts and their rigs. Many of these inquiries involve the circumferential cracking that occurs specifically on carbon fiber masts built by TPI. Usually they are of little structural concern, but they are a nuisance to have to look at all the time, and if left unattended over a long time, they can lead to more serious cracking. The cracks are repairable. With the help of some Freedom Yacht owners who have been through the repair process, I wrote up a paper called FREEDOM YACHTS MAST CRACKING--CAUSES AND THE CURE. It describes the nature of the problem and how to fix it, with a repair drawing and photos of a repair procedure.

I wanted to post the paper in PDF form on this forum for free access to all users. Unfortunately, the upload limits of this forum are only about a third of the size of the file (1.3 Mb). therefore, if anyone would like it, you may contact me privately through the forum or through my website, and I will be happy to email it to you. It is uploaded and posted on the Freedom Yachts owner's group forum for free download, under the same title as this thread.

I hope this is a benefit to all Freedom Yacht owners. If anyone has specific questions or would like further advice, you may contact me directly.

Best regards,

Eric W. Sponberg
ewsponberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:59   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Re: FREEDOM YACHTS MAST REPAIRS

I,walked away from a Freedom I,was considering because of this sitituation.No one could give me a definate solutation.
I,am sure your answers will be most appreciated by all Freedom Owner's and prospective buyer's.
casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 14:01   #3

Boat: OEM, proportional

This is the link to the pdf...rightclick, save to hd:

http://www.freedomyachts.org/downloa...58ad9b48c46bb1
Old 03-12-2012, 05:44   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom 35, Corroboree

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post