Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2013, 16:03   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
Re: Fat Boat rollout. F-46 reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bligh View Post
Sorry for the questions above-, I just studied your pictures more and saw the answers in your photobucket. Was the scupper leaking into the galley?
What did you replace the wood on the side of the hull with?

I am considering a fisher 37 and the ones I have seen all seem to have problems with the scuppers so I am expecting problems. Personally, I would rather have Meretune, but I think it is a little outside my pricepoint. The boat we are considering will be in B-ham in the spring at which point we will have it surveyed. Do you know of a good surveyor around there for Fishers?
Thanks
Scott
Contact Dirk Nansen, the broker for Meretune. He knows a good surveyor. If you decide on the 37, we damned sure know where the uglies hide and how to fix 'em on these boats. I'd be willing to go and check the boat out with you.
CharlieCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 12:58   #17

Boat: CL52

I would like to take you up on your offer. Maybe you need a project for next winter Have you worked on other Fishers as well? Your project is the second Fisher i have heard of that has needed to have all the windows replaced. I am already aware of the scuppers leaking, but I was unaware of the cracks in the fiberglass you are describing. In your opinion, was the original work by the manufacturer of poor quality or was it ok with minor issues here and there? Were the other leaks due to age or also to poor manufacturing or were t hey age related?
thanks
Scott
Captain Bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 16:24   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bligh View Post
I would like to take you up on your offer. Maybe you need a project for next winter Have you worked on other Fishers as well? Your project is the second Fisher i have heard of that has needed to have all the windows replaced. I am already aware of the scuppers leaking, but I was unaware of the cracks in the fiberglass you are describing. In your opinion, was the original work by the manufacturer of poor quality or was it ok with minor issues here and there? Were the other leaks due to age or also to poor manufacturing or were t hey age related?
thanks
Scott
It's a combination of poor workmanship in areas, age and missed maintenance cycles. I've laid hands on a Fisher 37 as well.
CharlieCobra is offline   Reply With Quote