Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2022, 02:32   #1

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran
Experiences Hempel Globic 9000 Antifouling?

Hi,

has anyone used Hempel Globic 9000 Antifouling?
What are your experiences with it, especially in warmer waters?
Feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:34   #2

Boat: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
Re: Experiences Hempel Globic 9000 Antifouling?

Hi, have You received any feedback? It's pretty cheap in Poland like 12€/l, so I'm also wondering if worth trying. On Hempel site it is recommended for "slow steaming vessels and vessels with frequent idle days" so sounds like sailboat.
pmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:54   #3

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33
Re: Experiences Hempel Globic 9000 Antifouling?

I got here on a search to see if my experience with Hempel Globic 9000 was similar to others. I rolled on 3 coats last hurricane season, splashed in late November, and 6 months later I'm seeing primer. Nothing grows on it, but I think that's mostly a function of how fast the paint melts off the hull. I downloaded all of their instructions and followed them to the letter. It's a very easy product to apply. I'm trying to get some answers from Hempel since their web site boasts of up to 90 month dry dock intervals, so clearly a 6 month product life is not normal. So far the response, or lack of, from Hempel has been to pass the buck. I bought the paint in Trinidad, and the Hempel dealer there didn't initially answer my email. So I tried the Hempel yacht paint support rep. He referred me to another guy named Darren who never responded. Then I emailed Hempel at hempel dot com, and they sent me to a guy in Miami named Franz, who then sent me to a guy named Jarred in Trinidad. Jarred wanted to help, but it's not his area of expertise, so he reached out to someone who should know about these things, but never heard back. So Jarred suggested I talk to the yacht paint guys.

If you use Hempel, don't expect anyone to help you if there's a problem.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc