Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2017, 17:51   #1

Boat: Southern Cross 28
Eastport Pram dinghy sailing components

Hi guys, Im in the process of finishing off my Eastport nesting pram dinghy. About 50 hours in now and it is looking beautiful!! I can't wait to have this as my very sexy tender on my next cruise...

As I finish up the construction of the dinghy, I was hoping to reach out to anyone else that may have built this boat. I ordered the rowing only kit with the goal of fabricating the sailing components myself. It was an additional $950 for the daggerboard keel, rudder, mast, boom, yard, and sail, plus hardware. I have already stitched the sail and the handbook provides dimensions for the boom, mast, and yard, but doesn't give dimensions for the daggerboard and rudder (presumably because they would rather you purchase the sailing kit).

I'm happy to just guestimate the sizes and do a little trial and error but if someone else has one of these boats I'd love for you to share the keel length and rudder dimensions. Or perhaps someone knows a handy formula to calculate these sizes from the LOA (7'9") and beam (4')?

Thanks for any advice anyone may have to offer!! Gonna try and include a little video of the dinghy as of a couple days ago so you all can see how PERDY she is!
Attached Files
SC28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, sail, sailing