Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2022, 14:15   #1

Boat: Brent Swain Pilot House 36' Steel Sloop
Drop in 2 burner stove installation

I am doing a 2 burner propane drop in installation. The gas connection to the stove is right under the burners so I decided to go 3/8" copper (gas rated) line as I am unsure that flexible rubber propane hose would be safe so close to the burners even though beneath them a few inches. The 20 lb tank is on my steel stern rail. The stove is approx mid ships about 16 feet distance from the tank. The line goes through the cockpit deck right below the tank and so the first bend (90 deg) happens right away. My question is ...should I take the coil of copper below decks 1/2 way between stern (where tank is) and the stove (amidships) feeding the line back and then the remainder of the line forward to stove. The initial 90 deg bend I am thinking would be awkward in terms of bringing in the rest of the line. Thanks
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:30   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Drop in 2 burner stove installation

I was going to do the installation myself however I'm told that would invalidate the Insurance cover.

You sound as though you know what you are doing. But I suggest you install a gas alarm.
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:15   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Drop in 2 burner stove installation

Is this a gimballed stove installation. Normally you would have a braided steel hose from the copper pipe to the stove. Actually there is normally a gas tap at the end of the copper pipe too. This of course varies with each country.

https://www.asap-supplies.com/produc...8-914mm-307726
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation, stove