Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2016, 11:34   #1

Boat: Irwin 41 cc Ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to fishsail18
dickinson oven

I asked on some other threads didn't much of a response. I'm replacing my old Hillirange and looking at Dickinson or Force 10. anyone have a Dickinson med. ?
thanks
fishsail18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 12:31   #2

Boat: Cal-40
Re: dickinson oven

I own a commercial fishing boat in Alaska and it has a Dickinson Bristel stove/oven. It works flawless and during the fishing season I light the stove and it runs none stop for 3-4 months. On my sailboat I opted for a Webasto Airtop ST 2000 forced air diesel heater. The Webasto is far more efficient as it burns just one gallen each 24 hours to the 4 gallons used in the Dickinson. But you can cook with the Dickinson. Dickinson stoves are the mainstay of the Akaskan fishing fleet having replaced Olympic Stoves that went out of business years ago. I would rather have a good clean used Olympic Stove then a new Dickinson.
Siberian Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 15:46   #3

I just walked in the door from buying a Dickinson 2 burner propane stove. I thought I was going to look at a Mariner and when I was looking at the stove I discovered it was a MARINER BY DICKINSON. This is a used stove that the owner said was replaced by a newer 3 burner stove. The stove was in his boat since 1986 and other than one burner having to be started with a match, is in very good shape. It is all stainless and pretty heavy. It seems heavier (more solid) than some of the Force Tens that I have seen. This stove was actually made in New Zealand, so I wonder if Dickinson made a habit of re-branding other stoves to their name. If so, I think they chose a good brand. I dont know if this helps you or not, but I recalled a question about Dickinson and thought I would comment. ______Grant.
gjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 13:18   #4

Boat: Irwin 41 cc Ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to fishsail18

I ended up ordering a Force 10. It was the same price as the Dickinson however Dickinson wanted $220.00 just for shipping alone. plus the gimbal kit. West marine had 10% off for cyber Monday plus free shipping and if I signed up for the card they gave me another $50.00 in gift cards, so it seemed like the better of the two deals and the Force 10 had pretty good reviews. Now onto the next expensive items.
fishsail18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dickinson, oven