Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2011, 04:36   #1

Boat: Gravy
Compare Cloth Fabric Weights

Look it’s probably a stupid question but____

Does any one have any idea of where to find a spreadsheet or tables to compare cloth/fabric weights between the various types of composite materials, i.e. if I wanted to replace one layer of 600g biaxial e-glass with an equivalent carbon fibre layer where am I going to find the data; or same for swapping into Kevlar or Basalt.

Please note I’m not talking about a table of each material weight compared together, they don’t necessarily have to be compared together as I can work out the tensile strength, young’s modulus, compression strength, etc later and make an over engineering decision on the various sub factors for the given situation.

But I can’t seem to find any tables to allow me to swap in and out exotic fibres for specific gain in certain qualities (flexural strength, impact strength, etc) while maintaining original engineered strengths.

Maybe I’m stupid but sometimes I just can’t find the right words for GOOGLE to get the desired result

Help I'm drowning in GOOGLE!

Kindest Regards To All

Tags
fabric