Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2016, 06:52   #1

Chopped or woven fibreglass for post osmosis treatment

I've been attempting a DIY osmosis treatment on my Seawolf 30 and, now that I'm starting to see results with the hull drying, am working out what to do to build the hull back up.

The advice I've had so far is to fair the hull smooth before applying multiple layers of epoxy. I have a particular scheme for this in mind (using GelShield Plus and Gelshield 200), but given that we've taken about 2 - 3mm off the hull I'd feel more comfortable putting a layer of matting on as well.

Is this required? And if so what weight and type should I be looking at? Hull currently looks like:

terah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, osmosis, oven