Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2020, 07:15   #1

Boat: Hunter 36
Can anyone recommend a repair shop along the Potomac?

My boat is based in Quantico, VA. I need some services on my sailboat, specifically replacing thru hulls. If possible, I would also like to get some of my tank indicators fixed and recalibrated, and some other cosmetic work done.

I am new in this area, I parked my boat here just before winter set in. Most of the boat maintenance places are geared toward powerboats, which would probably still be OK, except the nearest one doesn't have enough draft for me to enter (my draft is 5'). I found a promising place that does sailboats and tried to contact them a couple times but no one responded. Anyone have any ideas? I know Annapolis has hundreds of places that will do the work but that would take me a full day to get there, motoring non-stop. I would rather find someplace local.
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:28   #2

Re: Can anyone recommend a repair shop along the Potomac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
My boat is based in Quantico, VA. I need some services on my sailboat, specifically replacing thru hulls. If possible, I would also like to get some of my tank indicators fixed and recalibrated, and some other cosmetic work done.

I am new in this area, I parked my boat here just before winter set in. Most of the boat maintenance places are geared toward powerboats, which would probably still be OK, except the nearest one doesn't have enough draft for me to enter (my draft is 5'). I found a promising place that does sailboats and tried to contact them a couple times but no one responded. Anyone have any ideas? I know Annapolis has hundreds of places that will do the work but that would take me a full day to get there, motoring non-stop. I would rather find someplace local.

The shipyard Zahnizers on Solomon’s island has always had a very good reputation
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:14   #3

Boat: Hunter 36
Re: Can anyone recommend a repair shop along the Potomac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
The shipyard Zahnizers on Solomon’s island has always had a very good reputation
Thanks, I'll consider that. It is closer than Annapolis, but still in the Chesapeake and quite a bit further than I would prefer.
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, potomac