Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2019, 08:21   #1

Bubbles Jabsco Quiet Flush

I have a two year old Jabsco quiet flush toilets that bubbles a few times after flushing. It's got two buttons, one that empties and fills and the other a rocker that does both.

I was in an area where I could discharge so the holding tank was open. As soon as I let go of the button a couple bubbles will come up. If I tap the flush button they will immediately stop.

I'm guessing this is a joker valve?
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:27   #2

Re: Bubbles Jabsco Quiet Flush

One thing I have noticed is that if I stop the flush before the bowl is empty there are no bubbles so I'm wondering if it's the pump pulling in air.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:24   #3

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft

Is this what is happening to yours?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ing-67481.html

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ing-63530.html
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:39   #4

I don't think so. The tank is completely empty and the bubbles only happen if I pump the bowel all the way down. If I hold the button just until there is a little water left in the bowl and then push the rocker the other way to fill the bowel, I will not get bubbles.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:45   #5
Marine Service Provider

The bubbles are created by back pressure from something that's not allowing air displace by the flush to escape downstream of it. That can be a blocked or partially blocked tank vent or seawater mineral buildup in the discharge hose that's seriously reduced its diameter (I've seen it reduce a 1.5" hose to <.5"). Mineral buildup is a lot higher in warm waters than in colder waters, so it clog hoses pretty quickly in hoses on boats in warm water.

So check your tank vent for a blockage...the most common locations are the vent thru-hull and the other end of the vent line, both that end of the hose and the vent fitting on the tank...use a screwdriver blade, icepick--whatever works to scrape 'em out and clean out the toilet discharge hose using about 15% solution of muriatic acid (available from any hardware store) in water. Rinse after about 45 minutes with clean FRESH water. Repeat if necessary. Muriatic acid is nasty stuff, so be sure to CAREFULLY follow ALL directions for safe handling and use!

The joker valve will almost certainly be encrusted, so you'll have to replace it too.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jabsco