Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 13:28   #1

Boat: Farrier, F-44SC, performance cruising cat
bottom paint vs. launch date

when using Trinidad SR bottom paint, is it necessary to apply it directly before launch or can it be applied three months before launch. In some cases, I understand that bottom paints need to be applied just prior to launch so that the paint will not loose effectiveness.

I'm about three months from launch and wanted to check "application of bottom paint" off my list .

Thanks to anyone who may know about this. I did not see anything about this on the Trinidad SR product data sheet: http://www.pettitpaint.com/fileshare...rinidad-SR.pdf
vientoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 13:31   #2

Boat: Catalina 310
Re: bottom paint vs. launch date

Quote:
Originally Posted by vientoman View Post
when using Trinidad SR bottom paint, is it necessary to apply it directly before launch or can it be applied three months before launch. In some cases, I understand that bottom paints need to be applied just prior to launch so that the paint will not loose effectiveness.

I'm about three months from launch and wanted to check "application of bottom paint" off my list .

Thanks to anyone who may know about this. I did not see anything about this on the Trinidad SR product data sheet: http://www.pettitpaint.com/fileshare...rinidad-SR.pdf

Center section of the PDF you linked to under Application Data says the following: launched up to 60 days after painting.
Old 01-05-2014, 14:58   #3

Boat: Farrier, F-44SC, performance cruising cat
Re: bottom paint vs. launch date

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK n Smitty View Post
Center section of the PDF you linked to under Application Data says the following: launched up to 60 days after painting.

missed that..........thanks
vientoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom paint, paint