Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2021, 06:05   #16

Re: Blister Diagnosis Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post
Allied,

Is "System Three" the brand name? I would just like to file your info away for future reference, so I'm wondering about the specific products and the manufacturer of those you mentioned.

Thanks in advance,
LittleWing77
System three is an epoxy resin manufacturer, west coast I think. I got put on to system three 20 years back by a mech engineer that was unhappy with west after having issues.

He compared the elongational failure specs and found system three to be what he wanted. That was 20 years back and west may have improved/ changed.

Anyhow, I have used hundreds of gallons, love the stuff. They have multiple resins and I have always found they do exactly what they say they do. I have also found that in the early days, when I needed it , their customer service was excellent.

Their regular resin in my main use. I have used their silver tip but only for a couple of jobs and their clear coat, as mentioned, is excellent for penetration on old glass. They have an excellent website.

Last note is that I always buy through Merton fiberglass up in MA. Same goes for him, great prices, great service and very knowledgeable.
Allied39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:34   #17

Re: Blister Diagnosis Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
System three is an epoxy resin manufacturer, west coast I think. I got put on to system three 20 years back by a mech engineer that was unhappy with west after having issues.

He compared the elongational failure specs and found system three to be what he wanted. That was 20 years back and west may have improved/ changed.

Anyhow, I have used hundreds of gallons, love the stuff. They have multiple resins and I have always found they do exactly what they say they do. I have also found that in the early days, when I needed it , their customer service was excellent.

Their regular resin in my main use. I have used their silver tip but only for a couple of jobs and their clear coat, as mentioned, is excellent for penetration on old glass. They have an excellent website.

Last note is that I always buy through Merton fiberglass up in MA. Same goes for him, great prices, great service and very knowledgeable.
THANK you! This is a goldmine of info.

Will definitely keep this as a resource. I think like Gord May, too: What's the point of not doing it right in the first place? I've encountered so many cascading problems as a result of some cheap or jury-fix. Just kills me.

Grateful for your response,
Warmly,
LittleWing77
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease