Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2013, 16:28   #1

Boat: 38 roberts ketch
Ymar 2QM20 - What Do I Need To Pull The Injectors?

time to pull the injectors - anyone know what seals, consumables etc i need on hand to replace them? Whats the accepted substitute for teflon tape in sealing diesel connections?
charliehows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 10:38   #2

Re: Ymar 2QM20 - What Do I Need To Pull The Injectors?

You can try this:
INJECTOR REMOVER KIT

If you have ever tried to remove an injector from a Yanmar engine you understand the need for a tool like this. Our uniquely simple design will allow you to easily remove injectors from any "YM" series (YM1500, YM2000, YM3220, etc) Yanmar tractor engine in minutes WITHOUT damaging the injector like other methods. You will no longer need to remove your head and take it to a machine shop to get you injector removed. Injectors can be removed with the head on the engine or with the head off of the engine. Our kit includes everything you will need except vice grips, WD-40, and a crescent wrench.
A Hoye Exclusive Tool!
IP-4450
The YM2000 is more or less the same engine as the 2QM20, most parts are the same, the injectors are, and the seals also.
You can make a tool by yourself, unscrew the valveholder, take the holder off, put on the nuts again and screw them as far down as the threading allows, put the holder back on top of the nuts, find a big washer with an 8mm hole and lay it on top of the holder, put in an 8mm bolt and screw it down in the hole where the leak oil banjo was sitting. Then unscrew the 2 nuts under the holder, but do it evenly, a half turn each and you will lift the injector from the seat. I've done that on my own engine and it worked out perfectly. Remember to use new washers and insulation washers when you assemble the injectors again.
Best Regards
Michael
Denmark
mjhansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2qm20