Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2020, 08:18   #16

Re: Yanmar YSB12 Will not start

Hi this is John Trump hour hey I have a question for you on my ysb 12 I cannot find or figure out what the decompression lever is is there anyway you could send me a picture or location for that thing? jtrumpower@gmail.com. 3163931425. My engine sometimes has the run on issue and I looked online and they say that there’s a decompression lever that you can pull or push or whatever that will stop it from doing that I am looking at rebuilding the engine but in the meantime I would like to be able to continue to use it and if I can control the run-on thing I think I will be all right for a little while while I’m gathering up all the parts to rebuild the motor I am also having trouble figuring out if that motor is sleeved for the piston or not I look online and I can find new pistons and rings but I can Find bearing sets for the pistons or sleeves for the piston any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated thank you John Trumpower

Marinemedic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 13:50   #17

Yanmar YSB12 Will not start

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	214370

Itís nr 18 in this pic. I used to own one of these and when I did manual starting I released this and started to turnover the engine with the manual handle and then compressed via the handle and voila! For stopping it should be enough to lower the throttle to zero

Flod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 15:24   #18
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Yanmar YSB12 Will not start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinemedic1 View Post
.......... I am also having trouble figuring out if that motor is sleeved for the piston or not I look online and I can find new pistons and rings but I can Find bearing sets for the pistons or sleeves for the piston any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated thank you John Trumpower
Yes, the YSB12 has a wet sleeve. Reasonably easy to replace.

Before going to far, check the price of both crankshaft main bearing. The flywheel end one may be exorbitant!

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
yanmar