Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2019, 06:02   #31

Boat: Mirage,schmit,27'
Re: Yanmar SB8 injection regulator

To set up my stopper cable I had to drill two holes in the lever to have it pull forward.Not much room.On the cockpit panel there was a pull button with wires but apparently the engine cannot be stopped electrily.Yanmar says not to stop on decompression as many do.

copaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 16:18   #32

Boat: Catalina 30 1977

Wotname, I tried to get a pic of it but there was no way to get my camera in the tight space. After looking at it I was wrong about the cable attaching somewhere else. The Pull cable(stop) and the throttle cable are separate but they both attach to the regulator arm. So the pull cable moves the regulator arm all the way towards the engine so that it opens the needle and stops the engine and the throttle moves the arm very slowly to increase/decrease the speed.

The decompression lever is not attached but looks like it may have been attached to the panel at some point but was disconnected.

I (somewhat) regret having to learn more about the regulator/fuel pump than I wanted but knowledge is power right? Hopefully I can return the favor.

rockin411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 02:54   #33
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin411 View Post
Wotname, I tried to get a pic of it but there was no way to get my camera in the tight space. After looking at it I was wrong about the cable attaching somewhere else. The Pull cable(stop) and the throttle cable are separate but they both attach to the regulator arm. So the pull cable moves the regulator arm all the way towards the engine so that it opens the needle and stops the engine and the throttle moves the arm very slowly to increase/decrease the speed.

The decompression lever is not attached but looks like it may have been attached to the panel at some point but was disconnected.

I (somewhat) regret having to learn more about the regulator/fuel pump than I wanted but knowledge is power right? Hopefully I can return the favor.
OK thanks, that cable arrangement makes sense.

I'm sure the extra knowledge you gained will prove useful to you (or somehow you know) one day.

And for me it's good to be able to make a deposit into the Karma bank when I can!

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
regulator, yanmar