Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2021, 17:32   #61
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Yanmar Raw Water Pump Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Shannon View Post
Time to close this thread out. I put the pump together this morning without any further difficulties. I did note that the blades of impeller in the rebuild kit are way stiffer than the blades on the one season old impeller that was in the pump. In the end, I guess I never know if it was the cam, the seals, the impeller or something else that caused the pump's weak performace. It can now start and pump from about 20", which is a bit less than I expected but will be acceptable for the boat. I made this little vide of it running: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiR9KzpBmPlsidEc...2pW_A?e=AM8p7e

Many thanks to all of you who contributed information. I'll take all the help and advise I can get!
great outcome - it will be good for a few more decades!

As for why - sometimes it is just a combination of a lot of small problems slowly coming together without any one of them being identifiable as the 'straw that broke the camels back'.

Once again -
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, raw water, raw water pump, water, water pump, yanmar