Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2020, 18:09   #1

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 469
Yanmar 4JH5E - water impeller intake hose inside diameter?

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is well.
I have a 2013 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 469 with a Yamar 4JH5E motor. It was stored on the hard in Marsh Harbor for hurricane season and then it took a direct hit from Dorian. Plan is to motor it back to Florida for repairs. Most important thing will be to test the motor before putting the boat in the water. To test the motor with the boat on the hard I'd need to detach the seawater intake suction hose and install a hose so the motor can suck out of a bucket.

Can anyone who has a Yanmar 4JH5E measure the inside diameter of their water impeller intake hose? I'd have to bring some hose with me to the island, no where to buy it on site.

Someone recommended hooking a water hose directly to the impeller intake instead of a bucket but the problem with that is it could force water through the channels with the motor not running and create hydraulic lock if it fills up the exhaust, all over if that happens.

Many thanks
'Dubs
Rdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 18:28   #2

Boat: Outremer 50S
Re: Yanmar 4JH5E - water impeller intake hose inside diameter?

IIRC it is 1” ID hose, not someplace I can actually measure so maybe someone else will also answer.

The manual says the raw water pump has a 26mm OD nipple to fit 25.4mm hose, which matches my memory, but again, not physically measured.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:51   #3

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 469
Re: Yanmar 4JH5E - water impeller intake hose inside diameter?

Incredibly helpful. Thanks Dsanduril. Hopefully there won't be a lot of difficulty disconnecting the current intake hose and putting the bucket hose on.
Rdubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, yanmar