Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2016, 19:42   #1

Boat: Van de Stadt 11m
Send a message via Skype™ to Ocean Child One
Yanmar 3QM30H YP10 no neutral position

I am currently in Vuda Marina in Fiji. I have a Yanmar YP10 gearbox. I recently got a mechanic in Hobart (now not much help) to overhaul the gearbox. After re-fitting I noticed there was hardly any "neutral" position, and now there is no neutral position... as I move the gear lever (I have checked the cable by the way, and I am using the recommended oil which is basically just the same as the 15W-40 oil I use in the engine sump) the engine goes straight from forward to reverse with effectively NO neutral position. I have looked at the workshop manual but I can't find anything useful (to me) there. I note there is an adjustment screw, with a lock nut, at the little box where the gear change lever enters. I loosened this slightly (using the 'trial and error' method) but nothing changed. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Ocean Child One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yanmar