Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2018, 19:33   #16

Boat: Beneteau 423 43 feet
Re: Yanmar 3gm30f mid cruise shut off

If you’re running your starter that much you better watch for flooding your engine.
Sounds to me you have an obvious fuel issue.... start simple. I pumped my tank out the first year I had her.... tank has a sump that had accumulated a bunch of debris that I got out. Also I run my tank as low as I can go..... and put it to bed in winter with less that a quarter tank. I want new fuel and want to pump as much debris out and into my beautiful racer 500.. Tighten clamps / replace fuel lines.....
Good luck

Greg
NYSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 22:05   #17

Boat: 37 Uniflite Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSail View Post
Also I run my tank as low as I can go..... and put it to bed in winter with less that a quarter tank. I want new fuel and want to pump as much debris out...…..
At least where I store my boat for the winter, this would be a poor practice. Leaving the tank mostly empty for winter storage is likely to result in substantial condensation inside the tank. I always top off my fuel tanks and treat with biocide and stabilizer at the start of storage.
Dooglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 11:57   #18

Boat: Amel 50

Gunk in fuel tank, dislodging from motion of sailing, blocking intake tube, and fouling everything downstream: pumps, filters, etc. Purge and clean tank. Fixing filters and pumps only offer symptom relief.
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3gm, 3gm30, cruise, yanmar