Originally Posted by Scout 30
I know it's possible but I'm not sure about the not difficult part. Regarding the turbo when I tried to get mine rebuilt they said it couldn't be done & I have not been able to find an after market replacement. Luckily I was able to buy a donor motor
with a good turbo although it had also had the oil
cooler dissolve which was why it was replaced.
Can you post pictures of your modifications to the cooling
I'll have to look, but the boat
is in La Paz
, and I'm not ...
However, here is what I did:
a new HX and Oil
Cooler. I used Lenco (in FLA).
2. Mount both off engine
. Mine are on a nearby bulkhead.
3. Remove the coolant
(not raw water) pump
and tap the main return boss for a 1/2" NPT. Install a steel
(NOT brass) hose nipple to fit the hose of the heat exchanger
. Run a hose from here to the HX.
4. Cut the T-shaped pipe that runs T-stat to turbo and HX. Cut the leg going to the HX near the HX end. Run a hose from here to the HX.
(3 & 4 complete the coolant
side of the HX.)
5. Run hose from anti-siphon to HX.
6. Run hose from the HX to the OC
7. Cut the tube for raw water
from the OC to the exhaust elbow
. Run a hose from here to the OC.
(5 to 7 completes the raw water
8. Use new banjo fittings and connect the new lines to the OC.
Re the turbo:
It is an IHI turbo. Don't have the model number handy, but I was able to get mine professionally rebuild
locally in La Paz
, in 2 days. They had the parts