Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2020, 15:46   #16

Re: Volvo parts needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehua-kona View Post
I have a D2-55E, and have had to deal many times with superseded part numbers. I have found Marine Parts Express to be a highly reliable source of information and parts. I would suggest starting with the 'engine search':

The One List - Marine Parts Express

Click your specific D2-75 (A, B, C, etc.), then do a 'part no. search', using the part numbers you have.

Alternatively, you can go the schematics library for your engine model, via this route:

Volvo Penta Schematics - Marine Parts Express

On this page, select

D2-75A_D2-75B_D2-75C_D2-75F

'Silencer inlet' looks like what you're looking for. The schematic will refer to current part numbers.

Good luck.
Wow!! Thank you for all the great info! I really appreciate your time and efforts helping me out...

You mention superseded numbers, the ones that I listed are not superseded they are no longer made. I was hoping to find some old inventory or a source or 2 or 10 :-), that I could contact to see if they had any laying around.

Thank you again, I will spend a good chunk of this evening going over what you have sent!!

Gratefully,

-Dave

(I had sent this the other day but had done so the wrong way resulting in Cruisers supports, sending me an email letting me know I was being stupid...) Just wanted to sender to know I really appreciate the guidance.
bastikriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 15:49   #17

Re: Volvo parts needed

UPDATE:

One of the replies mentioned using epoxy which made me feel good because I already had epoxy smeared on both ends where the pinholes/corrosion was located. I have since re-installed the assembled unit and it is holding well as of now...

Have a lot to do so I will be moving this on to the list of future projects, thanks to everyone for your help!! You guys are great.

=Dave
bastikriol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, volvo