Originally Posted by goboats
Have an md11c raw water cooled that is new to us.
in the oil
, replaced a few parts
and cured. But the temp gauge isn't working and engine
seems to run hot so put an infra red temp gun on the cylinder head
and found reading of 230f and 190 on the manifold . No smoke but seems hot or is that normal right at the head
? Also steams a little at higher speeds
The following is written in a friendly tone of voice, with the sole intent to help you.
Answering the following questions may help others help you find a solution.
Please provide some more information.
1. How long have you owned the boat
? Did the engine
come with the boat
or has it recently been added to the boat? I ask because you wrote " New to us."
2. How many hours have you run the engine?
3. Was the boat winterized or in storage
4. Was the boat recently put in the water
? Was it on the hard
5. has it been sitting in a marina or on mooring
? How long if so?
6. Was the engine running good until recently?
7. List any changes or work
done on the engine recently.
8. Was the repair work
done by a mechanic
, or by yourself?
9. Has the boat had a recent bottom paint
job? Did you do it?
10. When was the bottom last cleaned? Did you examine the thruhulls?
11. Does your boat have an external engine raw water
intake strainer? When was it last examined?