Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2022, 04:56   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 33-2
Speed control lever Yanmar 2gm20f

Is this put back together properly? Iíve looked through the shop manual and various photos/videos and canít find the level of detail I need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 7.53.02 AM.jpg Views: 24 Size: 328.0 KB ID: 258140" style="margin: 2px" />

Name:	<a title=Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 7.51.31 AM.jpg Views: 18 Size: 415.1 KB ID: 258141" style="margin: 2px" />

I removed the throttle cable in order to remove the heat exchanger and now I am questioning my re-install, specifically the speed control lever. I ran the cable outboard of the hard fuel line and attached it where I thought it belonged. The set-up has been this way since my ownership and I now think it isnít quite right. I never removed the cotter pin holding the connector to the lever but. maybe I need to look at that more closely. I assume the lever is supposed to hit the idle adjustment screw and mine sort of bypasses it. (I realize in this photo the idle adjustment screw is not yet reinstalled) What obvious thing am I missing?

Thanks, D

"The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
djousset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2022, 17:48   #2
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Speed control lever Yanmar 2gm20f

It is a bit hard to see how well it lines up from your photos but it should line up pretty well.

Here are some screenshoots that might help. Look at the various red arrows. Any 'additional' washers or spacers or gaskets in the arrowed areas with alter the idle screw bracket alignment. Also, the speed control arm may have been bent in the past.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Idle Plate.png
Views:	6
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	258181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Idle Screw.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	258182  

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 17:28   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 33-2
Re: Speed control lever Yanmar 2gm20f

@Wotname: Thank you, I think the lever may be on backwards (it has been this way since I purchased). Good tip on the extra washers/gaskets etc.

"The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
djousset is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2gm, 2gm20, yanmar