Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2019, 05:42   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Watkins 27
Re: Running Hotter Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
Quick update. I have had no time to do anything anyone suggested. I do appreciate all the replies. I went do to the boat for another reason and ran up the engine again for a half hour. This time the tach and oil pressure were not working both all the way to the right. No way that is a true reading when at idle. The temp stays at about 175 degrees but rose a bit when I picked up the revs. I really think it is an instrument problems so I am going to start there by cleaning all the terminals at both ends and then moving to the sensors. I will probably change out the coolant as well as I have no idea how old it is. In the meantime I had the frame for my new dodger built and I installed it so I could learn all the things not to do when drilling holes in gelcoat. And of course there was a lot of dropping tool and stuff over the side......but that is another story.
LOL.
I am a project engineer who works in heavy industry, chemical plants, paper mills etc.
I always tell the young engineers for check the instruments first.
Captain Graham is offline   Reply With Quote