Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2020, 21:25   #1

Rebuilding a neglected beta 14

hi everyone,
I recently bought a beta14 from down Florida way with the intention of learning diesels and building myself a sweet little motor for the tug im building.....
I knew the motor was locked up, but after a life of dragging old metal up out of the woods and coaxing it to run again i was up for the challenge.
Well, it was a bit more then frozen rings and long story short, my trailer has been turned into an operating arena and I'm waiting for a sleeve/rebuild kit from some Provence in China.
No big tears though even with the worst case scenario playing out.... i look at it like this, i will literally know this engine from the inside out....
So far I have really enjoyed the time spent on this project and am looking forward to the putting it all back together stage.
I'm in Fayetteville NC, and have about 150 miles of the Cape Fear river between me and Wilmington to play on that includes i know 2 locks and I think maybe 3, i will have to look that up.
Has anyone else done a complete tear down and rebuild of a small kubota based beta marine engine?
I will try and get some pics of the carnag tomorrow and post
BabyTug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild