Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2018, 10:46   #16

Boat: Parker Super Seal 26
Re: Rebuildiing MD 21/Indenor-Peugeot motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino the Dog View Post
Indenor Retro and Drinkward Marine, both in Denmark
Well, Germany and the Netherlands but I guess viewed from over the pond that's close enough :-)
_andi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 20:20   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Compass 790 , 7.9 metres or 26 ft

Quote:
I have now received quotes from several companies offering parts for this motor. Unfortunately most internet sites who advertise parts either do not respond at all or reply saying they don't have the parts.

Out of 20+ sites I looked at out of over 100 that claim to have parts, most were eliminated just by looking at what they actually did carry, and of the others who I requested quotes from only three responded and only two had all the parts.

Indenor Retro and Drinkward Marine, both in Denmark were the only ones who replied with a quote on all I asked for. Precision in Australia offered most but can't provide any gaskets.

Just because people advertise does not mean they can provide.
Just a tip for you. The only gaskets I buy are head gaskets, you can make them or substitute silicone and or Loctite master gasket or similar. Only have to watch where the thickness is critical in which case I use the remains of the old gasket + silicone or other gasket sealer. With silicone I just hand tighten the joints & let it go off overnite & then do the final tighten. Have had no issues doing this for years. Only thing it wont work on is exhaust manifolds, for those I use ceramic rope/ kaowool.
By all means use bought ones if you prefer but just a suggestion if you cant get them.
Compass790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 09:21   #18

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass790 View Post
Just a tip for you. The only gaskets I buy are head gaskets, you can make them or substitute silicone and or Loctite master gasket or similar. Only have to watch where the thickness is critical in which case I use the remains of the old gasket + silicone or other gasket sealer. With silicone I just hand tighten the joints & let it go off overnite & then do the final tighten. Have had no issues doing this for years. Only thing it wont work on is exhaust manifolds, for those I use ceramic rope/ kaowool.
By all means use bought ones if you prefer but just a suggestion if you cant get them.
That and other than the head gasket most can be peened out with a small ballpeen hammer from a sheet of gasket stock.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 12:50   #19

Boat: CT-41

Thank you for the gasket tips. I am a competent mechanic and pretty good at making gaskets of all kinds I carry as normal repair parts a wide range of gasket material. If a gasket kit saves time for low enough price to justify the expense I will buy, otherwise make as you guys suggest.

thanks
Vino the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 19:24   #20

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can get a complete rebuild kit for a Peugeot Indenor XPD 4-90 diesel engine. If not can you recommend a reasonable engine to replace it that will hook up to a Borg-Warner Velvet Drive with similar motor mounts and HP?
NOT looking for a $10,000 dollar solution.

Thank you,

Those engines were very common in Argentina. Imported first and then made locally. Check out www.mercadolibre.com.ar Look for Conjunto Power Engine Indenor XD 4.90. For a couple of hundred bucks you can get pistons, rings,etc..

I can help you get stuff if you have not solved your problem yet.
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 08:25   #21

svlamorocha

I am very interested in looking at the motors from Argentina as well as any help you may be able to offer in getting parts here to Mexico.

I have so far only found three sources that can supply parts but they are expensive and difficult to get into Mexico. Shipping directly to Mexico often results in your parts landing in some warehouse where they sit for years incurring daily costs that exceed the cost of the parts. Shipping to the US then forwarding to Mexico usually ends up doubling the shipping costs and incurring duties from both the US and Mexico, so $1,500 worth of parts ends up costing up to $3000-$4,000 if you even see the parts at all.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
Old 15-06-2018, 09:02   #22

svlamorocha

I found the site and the parts I want are listed on it.

Me Espanol es muy limitado, despues tengo problemas con preguntas con ellos. No entiendes el sistema de ellos. Quiero informacion con shipping y confirmaciaon estas compononentes son egual me motor fabrica en Fracia.

If you can help with communication with them I would be most grateful.

My plan is to eventually sail south through the Straights of Magellan to Argentina and Uruguay.
Old 16-06-2018, 21:03   #23

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
svlamorocha

I am very interested in looking at the motors from Argentina as well as any help you may be able to offer in getting parts here to Mexico.

I have so far only found three sources that can supply parts but they are expensive and difficult to get into Mexico. Shipping directly to Mexico often results in your parts landing in some warehouse where they sit for years incurring daily costs that exceed the cost of the parts. Shipping to the US then forwarding to Mexico usually ends up doubling the shipping costs and incurring duties from both the US and Mexico, so $1,500 worth of parts ends up costing up to $3000-$4,000 if you even see the parts at all.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
Vino the Dog

Please send me a pm (or email to svlamorocha at gmail dot com) with a phone number or Skype address and a few time slots to call you.

As it happens, we have a Mexican consultant working on rotation in Argentina who could take some stuff back to Mexico.

Pkease also get me a photo of the ID plate of the engine. I can use that to check we are looking for the right parts.

Will you rebuild the bottom too?

I look forward to hearing from you.
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 11:25   #24

I sent you a message to your personal address. Thanks
Old 21-06-2018, 15:57   #25

Are there any mechanics here that can tell me the differences between the Indenor XDP 4-88 and 4-90- other than the cylinder bore?
Old 25-09-2018, 07:46   #26

Don't know if you're still looking for Indenor Stuff, but I have this same engine in my little Albin A27. A GREAT source for parts, help, rebuild, and even motors is https://www.drinkwaard.com/en/ in The Netherlands. They sent me some new injectors and were very helpful.

Mike
boater_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 09:50   #27

No longer looking for parts for the motor. Too expensive, impossible to get anyone to ship to Mexico by any method that would actually get here, and a dead guarantee that any future problems will just repeat the same complication.

I threw the entire motor overboard, now engineering a system of my own that can be repaired using common parts available almost anywhere.

Tags
motor, rebuild