Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2016, 02:21   #16

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Belize 43
Re: Raw Water Exhaust (NOT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinrod View Post
If you have verified the water pump">raw water pump is pumping and the mixing elebow is not clogged, pull the exhaust hose off the mixing elbow and blow air through it. If you can't you have an exhaust hose, muffler, silencer (if applicable) or through hull blockage. If you can, pull the seawater hose off the mixing elbow again, if it pump water, it has to be the mixing elbow (water in, no water out).

Ramblin Rod
Marine Service Provider
About Sheen Marine
The problem is the siphone break! I have had the same problem with one of my engines, same as yours. I disconnected at the exhaust elbow and sucked at the hose until I tasted salt water and then quickly attached the hose back on the elbow.
Good luck
Happy lead free sailing from Lucky
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, raw water, water