Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2018, 19:42   #1

Boat: Whitby 55
Racor vs Easterner (availability)

I would like to upgrade my fuel filter. For the past 13 years I've been using a small racor filter. A few years ago I bought a couple R20S filters to replace it with but never got around to buying the assembly for it. Now that I am serious about upgrading it, I am in Savusavu, Fiji and all they have here is Easterner filters and assembly.

I've never heard of Easterner and checked a few places I shop for parts online and they don't have them. Seems they are popular in Australia (and I guess Fiji) but I do plan on going back to the Caribbean, but if I can't find Racors here then maybe I should go with Easterner filters for now.

For those cruisers of the South Pacific, do you find Racor R20S filters or do those need to be shipped in?
FranklinGray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racor