Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2021, 18:25   #1

Boat: Columbia 45 CC
Perkins M92 Exhaust for Columbia 45 CC Problem

The previous owner removed the factory exhaust and all I have is a blueprint of the factory exhaust and a lot of questions.
1. The M92 does not have a riser option. It comes with a mixing elbow and pipe fitting for coolant to enter the exhaust at the elbow.
2. The Columbia 45 used a dry exhaust from the engines to the bottom of a vertical heat riser/muffler which has a fitting for the water to enter the special exhaust riser.
3. Can I leave the water inlet plugged in the Perkins exhaust elbow and run a dry exhaust pipe from the engine to the base of the vertical exhaust riser/muffler?
4. I am getting a quote to build an identical riser/muffler that Columbia installed for this engine. According to the Perkins manuals it is considered a combination dry/wet muffler system. Due to the configuration of the boat it appears to be the only solution I could figure out which is why Columbia probably designed it this way. A conventional water lift muffler will not fit.
5. Does anyone have a photo of a columbia 45 CC with a Perkins M92 installed with the facotry heat riser/muffler system? If so, would sure appreciate some photos.
Will attempt to attach a copy of the factory blueprint for the riser. Note, the right hand side of the drawing is the bottom of the muffler when installed on the bulkhead wall (vertically).
I am taking vacation and working on the boat so any prompt help is appreciated. Call me if you have something to offer. 909-435-5029 Cell
calmissile@gmail.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDF1092-01.pdf (1.48 MB, 24 views)
calmissile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbia, exhaust, perkins