Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2008, 19:07   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster
Perkins 6.354 coolant connection to water heater

I have a Perkins 6.354 diesel and I’m trying to connect the coolant system to my water heater. Has anyone completed this, what I am calling an upgrade? I see no standard fittings for making the connection.

Are these the proper connection points?

They are not any standard water pipe thread count. They are closer to a male hose thread than anything else I have found. Any clues on the thread count?

What about tapping a ½” pipe thread into the flat face of the “nut”?

Thanks in advance for any information. I have email Perkins asking about a connecting kit, but am not holding my breathe waiting for a reply.

Michael
Ensenada, B.C., Mexico
SailSavannah.com
Cyber Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 19:16   #2
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
Call Sherri Moon at TAD for perkins engines, perkins diesel, perkins marine, perkins parts, perkins generators, perkins service
They are most helpful and have good tech support.
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 15:28   #3

Re: Perkins 6.354 coolant connection to water heater

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know where to connect the water heater hoses on this engine? There are many "places" I could connect it but I can't find anything on the net showing me a picture. I have emailed tadinc. But I have no expectation they will answer. A shop manual would be nice as I don't have one. A picture or two would be worth a thousand words. Dang water heater...dang wife wanting hot water on the boat...I know the engine coolant/ water goes out someplace close to the water pump maybe before the thermostat housing on that side if the thermostats but I'm not sure where it comes back in at from the water heater. Yeah a picture would be great! Anyone?

Scott.
DSDman is offline   Reply With Quote