Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2011, 13:03   #1

Boat: Mauritius 43 Sloop
Perkin's 4-107 Fuel Leak

I cleaned up our Perkin's 4-107 the other day, to see just where and what was leaking. Ran for an hour or so off and on.

There is fuel leaking from the high pressure fuel delivery pipes where they connect to the injectors at a press fitting. I have already tightened the connections as much as I am comfortable, but the leak persists. It's very crowded in there, but I know for sure that it drips a bit from the nearest injector.

I'm not sure what to do about it, but I'm also wondering if this may have to do with my difficulty in starting the engine at the beginning of the day. I usually need to crank 2-3 15-20 sec bursts to get it going. The first and sometimes second burst doesn't produce any diesel in the exhaust. Once running it starts and stops throughout the day. After sitting a couple days, it's a bear to start again.

I know this is a common engine, so maybe someone has experienced this and has ideas. I'm new to the Perkins and diesels in general, so all guidance is appreciated.
atmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, perkins