Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 18:13   #31

latest update and good news....

After reassembling the injectors etc eith the new push rod yesterday we tested compression and #4 cylinder was about 200 psi.The rest were about 400 psi. I got a quote on one sleeve and piston etc and arranged for a haulout and crane to pull the engine. This am at the haulout dock my mechanic wanted to test the compression one more time after the engine was run about an hour. Lo and behold the compression is now 400 psi!! At this point the engine is running good, not smoking and apparently not making oil. We believe the rings re-seated them selves after being run with a good injector and pushrod. The water line is in the exhaust pipe and sits only about a foot below the current riser. We believe some water got in Cyl #4 and caused the problem. I am having a custom riser 11" higher made tomorrow. learn something new all the time. Great mechanic...
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:52   #32
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

If I might suggest...Some Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel for the next few weeks. The extra top-down lubrication can be good if you had a stuck ring and it is polishing itself back in now.

And buy that man a beer, or a good bottle of scotch, for that extra test!
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45   #33

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Another celebration to the toughness of combustion engines...The more your around them the more amazed you will become by them...Moral to this story..NEVER..give up until you have exhausted all hope of salvaging one.

Cheechako...What marina are you in?..I didn't realize we were so close!

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge, engine, oil