Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2014, 01:58   #1

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
Nissan Ed33 marine engine by Diecon

Hi cruisers,

I'm really just putting this here in case anyone is searching on data for this engine, and, like me, could not find the one critical bit of info that does not seem to be out there on the web anywhere, the engine mass.

I have the engine out at the moment while I attend to some bilge issues, and given that I am planning to install soft engine mounts to replace the current robust but horribly rough hard mount setup, I needed to know how much the thing weighs.

Got a decent crane scale on it and it comes in at 450kg all up including the standard 24volt alternator, the heat exchanger, manifold and a velvet drive 71c 1:1.5 transmission. I think the transmission is around 70 kg from memory but that information at least is readily available on the web. There are still a few of these nissans in service ( our club race start boat has two) so people might find this info useful.

Matt

Tags
engine, marine, nissan