Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 09:15   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
Motor Mounts For Isuzu C240 'Pisces'

... does anyone know where to get 'em. I think mine probably need to be replaced.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07   #2

Boat: Tayana Mariner 36
Re: Motor Mounts For Isuzu C240 'Pisces'

Hi, I just had mine replaced (PISCES 40) by AR Marine Diesel Service (Scott Segal) out of Crofton. I had no concern with his service. I had one mount that was broken and the others were a little worn. 4 new installed, I don't know what type, but they look like standard mounts that you can get just about anywhere...I'm sure Scott did a bit of homework to ensure correct stiffness.
So bounciness of engine is now better, but not gone away completely. You may not have a problem...the Pisces is a very bouncy engine. A shop I had in Oakland said it was nick-named, "the rocker". I'm not thrilled with it, something is going to vibrate lose someday (exhaust riser did a dew years ago).
If you happen to have any leads on parts support for the Pisces, I'll be listening.
bauer965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 13:52   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
Re: Motor Mounts For Isuzu C240 'Pisces'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer965 View Post
Hi, I just had mine replaced (PISCES 40) by AR Marine Diesel Service (Scott Segal) out of Crofton. I had no concern with his service. I had one mount that was broken and the others were a little worn. 4 new installed, I don't know what type, but they look like standard mounts that you can get just about anywhere...I'm sure Scott did a bit of homework to ensure correct stiffness.
So bounciness of engine is now better, but not gone away completely. You may not have a problem...the Pisces is a very bouncy engine. A shop I had in Oakland said it was nick-named, "the rocker". I'm not thrilled with it, something is going to vibrate lose someday (exhaust riser did a dew years ago).
If you happen to have any leads on parts support for the Pisces, I'll be listening.
You can find a lot of parts on ebay. It's a forklift engine and there are a few outlets that sell parts for forklifts. You can get parts through them.
sneuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor