Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2020, 02:58   #1
cxz

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy Monsun 31
MD11C with Borygo Eko auto coolant

Hi,

I'm cruising in Poland and plan to winter here. For my MD11C last year I used the normal Volvo green coolant, which actually is made for the freshwater part of the engine. I diluted that 50/50 and was probably money down the drain due to expensive Volvo pricing. This year I wanted to use propylene glycol but I'm struggling to figure out if what I bought is already diluted. I'm guessing it is since it already shows that the coolant is for -35c. I bought 5L of this Borygo Eko stuff at a gas station:
https://www.boryszewerg.com.pl/en/pr...orygo-eko-5-l/

Here's some data sheet which they provided on that page:
https://www.boryszewerg.com.pl/wp-co...ko-clp_eng.pdf

Anyone got any ideas if I should be diluting this with freshwater for the raw seawater side of the engine?

Cheers!
cxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 15:12   #2

Boat: Najad 343
Re: MD11C with Borygo Eko auto coolant

I suppose your engine is fresh water cooled and you plan to use this to winterize the raw water side. The only reason to dilute the antifreeze with water for winterization is to save money on the antifreeze. I probably would not bother.

It is a complete different story if you want to use it on the fresh water side. The coolant must fit to your block and it must be used to the specs of the manufacturer, i.e. you would mix the green volvo stuff 60-40 to 50-50 with water. Not doing this would impact the ability to transport the heat from the block to the heat exchanger.
__fdom__ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolant