Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2022, 10:19   #16

Boat: Moody 376
Re: Lucas CAV injection pump parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshag View Post
Hey Marc, thanks so much for the advice. Got the pump off now. It had timing marks so hopefully if I'm.super careful it will all go back good. Looking at the seals in my kit....lots of hardware! Wow. Will measure and photo everything coming apart. Well here goes!

good job. i only did o-rings, crush washers and the vanes on the pump. I did not split open the case to the pump. so you will likely have stuff left over...

remember even though you might get the set screws back in the same place be ready to have to tweak them to get you idle set properly
marcjsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2022, 18:19   #17

Boat: Coronado, 41, 40'6" - Sun King

Well, took off the throttle body. Took out the throttle shaft, came out fairly easy I guess since the rings are worn and thus the leak. Got the new rings on there. Then took out the fuel cut off. It came out a little harder, guess that seal wasn't too bad. The plunger spring assembly fell out at that point sort of suddenly. Luckily I had a look at how it was in there before hand and was able to have it back together properly I hope. Seemed like the spring was captured between the washers so no risk of it flying off. I won't take the rest apart so it was really just the o rings on the two shafts and back together it goes. Thought to maybe do the crush washers on the fuel line bangos but left it for now. Hoping it works nicely when back together
Stormshag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 07:51   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjsmith View Post
good job. i only did o-rings, crush washers and the vanes on the pump. I did not split open the case to the pump. so you will likely have stuff left over...

remember even though you might get the set screws back in the same place be ready to have to tweak them to get you idle set properly
Hey Marc, did you use any gasket sealant on the throttle body gasket or fit it dry? Also did you lubricate the throttle and stop shafts with diesel when putting back in?
Old 23-05-2022, 08:36   #19

i smeared a little bit of lube on the o rings, and I did not use any sealant on rubber gasket I did smear some rtv on the paper gaskets
Old 09-06-2022, 10:47   #20

well....did you get back together and working???
Old 09-06-2022, 14:59   #21

It's back together. Getting new springs as they don't seem as "springy" and they aren't returning nicely. Maybe with diesel inside they will move a little more fluidly. About to start sliding the engine back into it's cave. I'll update on how it goes! Thanks again for the words of advice.
Old 18-08-2022, 01:51   #22

Boat: Chrysler C26/Morgan OI 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv.antea View Post
I am resealing a Perkins 4-108 and besides the oil from all the usual suspects, there is much fuel leaking everywhere from the injection pump (Lucas/CAV DPA model 3247F190 that's the common one with the little semaphore turret on top, not the oblong box). So I ordered a seal kit. But now I found the fitting on top of the pump near the mounting flange, a compression rubber ferule joint between the body and the pipe (called "back leak connection" in a cutaway view I found on the internet) is cracked.
Does anyone there have the part and can part with it or could anyone suggest a fuel injection service business that may be willing to look through their used parts collection and sell me the little fitting? Thanks, Stan
I know this is an old post but do you still have the cutaway drawing? I need an exploded view of the pump to rebuild mine
Skipper_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 14:45   #23

Which pump, mechanical or hydraulic governor?
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 15:08   #24

Boat: Chrysler C26/Morgan OI 37

Hydraulic
Skipper_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 16:14   #25

Not the clearest image, my cav manual focuses on the mechanical governor [ATTACH]263070
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4996.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	263070  
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts