Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2021, 07:57   #1

Looking for mechanic :: St Vincent & Grenadines

Hello

Long time reader, first time poster.

Anyone know of a (good) mechanic in St Vincent & the Grenadines ?

I am currently in St Vincent, and planning to travel south to Bequia and Union. Unfortunately, it seems that I blew a gasket or seal between my saildrive (SD50) and engine (Yanmar 4JH4AE) on my Lagoon 440.

I've got perfectly clean saildrive oil leaking from the junction of saildrive and engine into the engine bay. No water ingress into the saildrive, so my logical conclusion is the seal between the saildrive and engine.

Now, I've talked to a mechanic on the phone and he tells me there is no need for a haul out. Only to decouple the engine and saildrive, rotate the engine, clean up the mess and change the seal... I already have the seal with me, I just need to find a mechanic to help me out with the engine and saildrive uncoupling...

Help? Anyone?

Thanks!
Paul
khardam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechanic