Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2006, 07:01   #1

Injection pump leak 4.108-help me

I have a Perkins 4.108 that has a fuel leak where the accelerator shaft comes out of the pump body (behind the bell crank). I know that there is an o-ring that needs replacing but I cannot find either a parts explosion or manual. Does anyone know how to change this o-ring? Can it be done without getting too
far into the pump and without specialized equipment?
saildale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 12:03   #2
Eternal Member

Saildale,

I have a 4-108 parts manual. It's a 3mb TIF file. If you send me your email address, I'll send it to you. My address is: btrayfors at wdsg dot com

Don't know where you're located, but IMHO an injector pump is nothing to fool with. Had mine rebuilt in St. Thomas a few years back. Takes very special knowledge and special (very expensive) equipment.

Bill
S/V Born Free
btrayfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 16:28   #3

Bill

I am across the bay from Annapolis. My email is saildale@hotmail.com. The boat is in Florida. I would not attempt to rebuild an injection pump but if the
o-ring can be changed without compromising any settings or taking too much of it apart, I would try it. I am quite mechanical but their are something like wrist watches that are a lot easier to take apart than to reasemble so i am looking for guidence. I called an authorized shop in Miami and they want to charge for a complete rebuild. TAD in Virginia will instal the o-ring for $100 dollars if I ship them the pump. I don't have anyone in Florida that I trust to remove it and reinstall it. I am trying to avoid making two trips to Florida to remove and reinstall it myself.
saildale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 19:54   #4
Eternal Member

Saildale,

I sent you the file; not sure if hotmail will take a 3mb attachment.

Bill
btrayfors is offline   Reply With Quote