Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2015, 16:23   #1

Boat: custom 37' ally cruiser
Hynautic engine control rebuild (hydraulic)

Slight problem.....
I have disassembled and cleaned the 8 sender units (CR-B4/CR-T4/CL-B4 and CL-T4) from my boat and have a pile of new parts for the rebuild, but I have a problem!

I didn't realise that the sender units (right and left) had different cylinder ends (part numbers 560114 and 560104).

The end is eccentric, so, one suits a left sender and the other fits the right unit. Fitting the ends and swapping them doesn't reveal an ABSOLUTE right and wrong way.

Does the cylinder end fit with the blind hole towards or away from the lever?
old_salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 18:34   #2

Re: Hynautic engine control rebuild (hydraulic)

An image to make it clearer
Old 11-11-2015, 15:26   #3

Hello

I have rebuilt several Hynautic Engine Controls, but never really noticed the difference between Right and Left, My problem has been getting the Bushing out of the handle so that i can take them apart and rebuild them. I always end up with a Big Mess, The spanner Wrench Holes usually strip out and i have to use Vise Grips or make bigger Holes and make a bigger spanner wrench. Have you got any Ideas on How to loosen the Bushings up.

Thanks
rontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 13:55   #4

Hi Rontom,

I now know these controls inside and out. The answer to your problem is that Hynautic 'wick' the thread you are talking about when they assemble it.

Wicking solution is like a threadlock glue - you have probably noticed a green coloration on the ones you have managed to get apart. Wicking grade solution id designed to penetrate the thread and lock it preventing it from coming undone.

So, to get the thread apart, you heat it with a hot air gun to about 90 degrees (celcius - about 200F). The wick softens and the thread comes apart easily. There is no damage to inside parts.
Old 12-04-2016, 18:47   #5

Old Salty

Thanks for the Reply, I will try the Heat Gun Next time i Rebuild, That is a good Tip. You would think they would give more info on Rebuilding them , in the Rebuild Kits they sell. They do not have Spanner wrenchs for sale to fix them,
I have an adjustable Spanner that i oredered off of Amazon, i am going to try next time i rebuild.

Thanks again
rontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 20:49   #6

I made a spanner using 2 x 1/8 drill bit ends drilled through a 3/4" aluminium bar with the hole drilled from the center. Opens them up easy as.
Old 13-04-2016, 14:37   #7

I should have added that the easiest way to get the unit heated is to place it in boiling water for a few minutes. Watch out when you handle it, it's very hot, but the unit will disassemble easily at that point

Tags
engine, rebuild