Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2019, 20:34   #16

Boat: Coast 30
Re: Fuel hoses for yanmar 3gm30f

Volvo wanted $280 CDN for a fuel hose. the dealer told me his cost was $190.

the local

Parker-Hannifin Corporation, dealer Made my hoses for $97 each, They have the correct hose and also the fittings. plus the machinery to custom make what you need.
coastalexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 22:39   #17
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

In Oz, for a 3GM30F, we would use something like this https://dayco.com.au/products.aspx?G...217&P=16027765

Good for diesel and gas (including bio diesel and gasohol), 100 psi working (900 psi burst), -30F to 300F, abrasion and oil resistant and around $5 per foot.

I note that USCG might not approve but...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 23:47   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Compass 790 , 7.9 metres or 26 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
In Oz, for a 3GM30F, we would use something like this https://dayco.com.au/products.aspx?G...217&P=16027765

Good for diesel and gas (including bio diesel and gasohol), 100 psi working (900 psi burst), -30F to 300F, abrasion and oil resistant and around $5 per foot.

I note that USCG might not approve but...
Yes but it's not acceptable in the land of the" free" for insurance purposes evidently.
I had a rude awakening to the land of the "free" when I was told you can't have an open container of alcohol on a boat in Ca.
Just had sailed from Auckland to San Francisco but realised later when I saw 1200 hp boats in narrow canals in the delta area doing maybe 70 knts in a 5mph area why they had those regulations,
You didn't see that sort of behaviour here but it's coming I'm sure. We don't have a delta area like S.F.
Not saying It's North American behaviour because no-one AFAIK had 1200 hp boats here unless they were offshore racing vessels at that time ( 1995).
I'm more conciencous about keeping a lookout these days as there are so many big planing launches on auto pilot

Thanks for posting Wotname, didn't realise the burst pressure was so much higher than the working pressure for fuel lines. When I built pressure vessels it was only 3:1 & crane inspectors said the same for lifting gear.
Now I think my 300 psi working pressure fuel line is overkill.
Not too worried tho as the price was right
Compass790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:38   #19
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Compass 790 , 7.9 metres or 26 ft

Also you have to remember in the USA political system the regulations for fuel hose or anything else depend on the amount of "donations" ( anywhere else known as bribes ) paid to the governing body or potential governing body. It's profitable if your "special" hose is the only one that meets the regulations that you have designed yourself.
Sadly increasingly true anywhere else in the world.
I'd slag off the capitalist system but know that it would be worse under Putin, Kim Jong Un, or Xi Jinping. Wish they were my "friends "
Apologies for thread drift, alcohol does that to you.
Compass790 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3gm, 3gm30, fuel, yanmar