Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2018, 18:25   #1

exhaust system

Getting ready to put engine back in boat. Took the exhust system apart to clean and now wondering whether or not the various connections (hose to fibreglass muffler, hose to bronze riser) should have some sort of sealant or are hose clamps alone sufficient? the muffler looked like it might have has some black sealant added before the hose was fitted, but I can't find anything on this and there is nothing on the muffler manufacturers sight about how to make the best connection. Tried emailing them, but no reply. Anybody have any ideas. Don't want to asphyxiate my crew as a result of an exhaust leak.
Thanks
osprey877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 18:55   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: exhaust system

Just hose clamps on my engine and generator exhaust coonections
Old 01-03-2018, 01:30   #3

Hi
Normally just hose clamps but I also put a smear of DC4 (Dow Corning #4) inside the hose when I fit them as it does help you when you need to get them off for maintenance.
Cheers Tom
Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:33   #4
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

^^ same as Nineteen!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust