Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2020, 18:17   #1

Diesel Outboard

Does anyone actually have any experience with either of these manufacturers? Iíve talked to both at shows since 2018 and all I hear is theyíre coming. Both OXE and Cox claim to be offering a 300 Hp by mid-year 2020 (now) but I canít find anyone that actually has good experience with either.

www.coxmarine.com

www.oxe-diesel.com

How is Cox going to keep a lower unit together with a 300 Hp diesel when MerCruiser, Volvo Penta and Yanmar are less than ideal on the I/Oís? I like to simplicity of the belt drive with OXE but Iíve watched their stock price since they went public 2 years ago and they donít look to be hitting it out Of the park. I do chartering and accumulate about 500 hours/yr so I think I can get payback on fuel economy but Iím nervous about taking a risk with such an unknown. Iíd rather let someone else provide it before I take such a big chance. I also ran across this other website www.dieseloutboatdnews.com that looks to be a new angle at pushing the overall concept, however aside from press release articles it doesnít have any boat owner feedback. Thoughts?
aklstw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, outboard